As part of the SEAL™ family, The Great Lakes Privacy Panel System can create a perimeter layer of security within the data center itself. The system provides an additional layer of protection in data centers that are subject to evolving PCI DSS, HIPPA, and FISMA standards, particularly co-location facilities that must meet security requirements for multiple clients.
The Privacy Panel System has many uses outside of separating Enclosures inside the Data Center:
- Segregate enclosures of various security levels
- Separate the telcom/meet-me area from the data center floor, or separate providers from each other
- Main distribution areas as well as storage areas can be protected and layered into their own zone via security panels
- Mechanical items (such as HVAC units, UPS, etc.) in a Class 3 or 4 data center that are not located in a physical mechanical room can be segregated from the data center with the use of security panels (as specified by BICSI standard 188.8.131.52)
Privacy Panel System Consists Of:
- Perforated panels (1.25” x 1.25” square hole pattern) that partially obstruct eyesight and solid panels that completely prevent visibility
- 9.5’ and 14’ high standard panels offer a flexible, modular build out with customization to allow for continuous adaptation; extension panels can be added to create taller systems
- Panels of fixed and adjustable widths allow more precise system builds to fit in a specified area that may be of odd dimensions or can include obstructions (e.g. building support beams)
- 14 gauge posts serve as the support for the system; posts are secured to the raised floor with bolts while unistrut* under the floor tiles connect the bolts to prevent tampering
- Panels are secured to the posts from inside the contained area and a cover plate is riveted to the post to conceal the hardware
- 2’ x 4’ and 4’ x 4’ panels designed to integrate into overhead Gordon Grid systems; panels can support the weight of a person (250 lbs.) at its center
- Sliding door that can be mounted inside or outside of the contained area, for left or right hand opening
- Standard lock and key systems are pre installed; however, a variety of third-party, access control locks can be added that tie into existing security systems or operate on separate software
Custom security panels systems can be manufactured with various materials and finishes in support of unique customer needs. For leads times on standard and custom privacy panel systems, please contact inside sales and technical support at 1.866.TRY.GLCC.