Great Lakes Case & Cabinet has been around for over 30 years, which means there are a lot of layers to our work, our culture, and our people. We’re more than just a company; we’re a family. We’ve grown from a small business to a thriving one – on average, our manufacturing facility processes ½ million pounds of material per month and with the addition of new end users and OEM accounts, manufacturing has increased 20% each year over the last 10 years. While we’ve grown and expanded, the values we hold dear and the quality of our products that we pride ourselves on have stayed the same. There are a lot of things about this big, happy, hardworking family you may not know – and here are 10 of them:
- All GLCC metal products are American made. While many companies tout this same promise, GLCC metal products are truly made in the USA. They are designed and manufactured in Northwest, PA and assembled in one of our three warehouses across the US.
- We keep our warehouse stocked for fast, efficient delivery. There are currently 1,700 GLCC products available in our warehouse, including accessories, enclosures, racks, and wall mounts. But in reality, there are an infinite number of GLCC products available due to our ability to customize any order.
- Customization is the name of the game. We don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Instead, we work with our clients to customize products to meet their specific needs. Case in point: Since 2001, GLCC has designed 11,921 custom products. Now that’s a lot of customization.
- We know how to track. All GLCC enclosures, wall mounts, and racks contain a serial number that allows us to know exactly what was ordered, including any accessories that were installed, and where they were located. If a replacement part or additional item is needed, customers can simply call with the serial number. It also helps us ensure that all future products are compatible to what the customer currently has deployed.
- Loyalty is everything. The average GLCC employee has been with the company for 11 years and 2 months. What can we say, we love our employees and the feeling seems to be mutual!
- We’re all in it together. President and co-founder Carrie Lowther can often be found assisting sales and technical support when we’re short-handed or just extremely busy. Talk about a hands-on boss!
- We believe in going the extra mile. While other product lines throughout the industry only receive periodic article inspection, 100% of our NEMA 4 and NEMA 4x enclosures are tested in an onsite testing lab at the manufacturing facility. This ensures the product is free of leaks that could be damaging or hazardous to equipment inside the enclosure – and guarantees that we keep the promises we make.
- Our manufacturing facility is responsive and flexible.We have automated machinery and an extensive material handling system, which saves our customers time, money, and unnecessary headaches in the long run.
- Our damage rate puts the industry standard to shame. GLCC’s “Pre-pay and Add” shipping option boasts a .03% damage rate, while the industry standard is 5%. With this option, GLCC works with dedicated carriers that we have strong relationships with to deliver your product safely. The chance of damage is extremely small but if it does occur, all it takes is a single call to our customer service line and we’ll issue a replacement or repair.
- We don’t believe in automating customer service. Our customer service and technical support lines are available from 8am-8pm EST. If you call between those hours, you will talk to a GLCC employee who has relationships with not only our distributors but also its end users, allowing them to know the “inside scoop” of what is required to create and maintain rapport with our many loyal customers.
Now that you know a little more about GLCC and what we stand for, check out our website. And if you have a unique challenge – whether it be a need for a customized product, one that integrates with your existing equipment, or anything in between – we can work with you to find the best solution. So give us a call – we promise a real person will answer…because that’s just who we are.